-
February 8th, 2006, 03:33 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I'm making my menu for V-Day and pretty undecided.
What's on your menu???
Berlyn
-
February 8th, 2006, 02:22 PM
#2
pete244874
Guest
Me and my Honey with lobsters, steamers and cold beer...and stayin' warm of course! Maybe the kids will call...
-
February 8th, 2006, 03:12 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Well, my menu isn't going to be a full course meal. Hubby is a chef and will be busy cooking for all the love birds that flock to the restaurant. Hoepfully he won't be home to late, so I'll have a bottle of bubbly chilled and a nice swiss/gruyere fondue with wonderful french bread and end it with some beautiful chocolate covered strawberries.
Treatmaker
-
February 8th, 2006, 11:19 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Yeah Pete What the heck are steamers???
I'm leaning toward surf & turf. Maybe steak and lobster or filet mignon & talapia. Still undecided.
-
February 8th, 2006, 11:56 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Steames are clams. They're out of this world. They are also known as p i s s clams. You steam them in water, reserve the broth that comes from the steaming. You take the clam out of the shell swish them in the broth, dip them in melted butter and eat! Fabulous! Their shells are thinner than regular clams and whitish in color.
Treatmaker
-
February 9th, 2006, 01:07 AM
#6
pete244874
Guest
Thanks V for the explanation on those "pisser" clams, lol. Been a long time since I heard that one myself. Probably back when I was kid and we used to go out on the mud flats lookin' for em'. Jump and down hard and watch for them to sguirt out of the mud. Those there steamers aren't to smart sometimes...they just give themselves away real easy! Ready for the pot!
-
February 9th, 2006, 04:07 AM
#7
Inactive Member
Treatmaker-
Can you give me some tips on how to prepare chocolate covered strawberries? I have tried this in the past, and I just made a mess.
Pete-
This Texas gal wants to know what are steamers?
-
February 9th, 2006, 04:37 AM
#8
Inactive Member
Maryopal,
You probably wash the strawberries which is a no no. Just wipe them down with a slightly damp cloth and keep the stems on them and don't refrigerate them. I don't know what type of chocolate you use and that makes a difference in preparation. You can email me privately and let me know and I'll give you the different preparations on the chocolate.
Treatmaker
-
August 12th, 2026, 07:41 AM
#9
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: What's on your menu for Valentine's Day??
Valentine’s Day is the perfect occasion to enjoy a delicious meal with someone special. A romantic menu could include a fresh salad or creamy soup to start, followed by a flavorful main course such as grilled chicken, pasta, or a tender steak [URL="https://wetherspoons-menu.uk/"][COLOR=#1155CC][FONT=Arial][U]wetherspoon menu[/U][/FONT][/COLOR][/URL]. Finish the evening with a decadent chocolate dessert, strawberries, or a heart-shaped cake, paired with your favorite drink.[H][/H]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks